Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Travel by the river

Hello everyone!

I away from this several days, but I'm back now XD

Today, I would like to talk about how to travel along the river in Bangkok. The most popular transportation by the river is "Chao Phraya Express Boat".

Website: http://www.chaophrayaexpressboat.com/th/home/index.asp

There are several line of Chao Phraya Express Boat, seperate by flag's color and non-flag.

In above website which I provided to you, there is the boat's route provided. But, I'll point out for you.

First, I'll show you the boat's route, as following.

What piers have anything interesting? I will show some example as following :-

  • BTS (Saphan Taksin staion); connect via central pier, or Sathorn pier, walk in few minute you'll reach the Saphan Taksin BTS staion. More over, you can also connect with other shuttle boat transfer from here and the latest shopping park as AsiaTique The Riverfront.
  • China Town; connect via N5 Rajchawongse pier.
  • Pak Klong Talad or Flowers market; connect via N6 Memorial Bridge pier. From the in front of pier, turn left and walk along the road around 3 minutes.
  • Wat Pho; connect via N8 Tha Tien pier. Walk until reach the main road, across the road and Wat Pho is in front of you. From here, you also can walk down the street and visit Siam Museum, take around 10 minutes walk. Anyway Tha Tien is a market, you can walk around there to see and shopping.
  • Grand Palace, Wat Pra Kaew; connect via N9 Tha Chang pier. Walk until reach the main road and see the white wall, that's Grand Palace area, also with Wat Pra Kaew. Besides these, you also can walk along the street to Sanam Luang or the Pramane Ground.
    Around there, also have very historical place to see and touch. ^^"
  • Banglamphoo/Khao San Road; connect via N13 Phra Arthit pier. I think it's quite too far if you walk from this pier to Khao San Road. The easiest way is take a public bus any number to take you more closer than this. Get off at Banglamphoo bus stop, turn right and walk along the road. Khao San Road is over there.
Here are some examples that I can think for now in few minutes. If you have any question about this, drop me a message, I'll response you soon. ^^

See you in next entry!!

2 comments:

  1. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues.
    best hotels strasbourg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopped by! I appreciate that :)

      Delete