Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 4, 2013

Something misunderstand about Thailand


One of my friend just shared me about his friends' experience while they was in Thailand. After I listened their experience, I found too many things which they misunderstood about Thailand. So, I want to share you about this.


Background: they are Vietnamese. No experience on foreign country. Have limited budget. Stayed for 2 weeks in Thailand.


What they done: Bring their currency in little amount, fly to Thailand and exchange to Thai Baht at the banks.
What I think: Should exchange their money to US dollar or Thai Baht in suitable amount before travel to Thailand.


What they done: Opened the bank account with a debit card. Withdraw it at ATM in Thai via that debit card everyday.
What I think: No need to do, according to the above, just only bring suitable amount to here. If you really want more money, just withdraw in suitable amount, not everyday.


What they done: Travel by taxis, sky trains and subways
What I think: That's ok but I think that they should use less taxis and try to use public buses is better. Public buses can decrease your transportation cost a lot. It's very cheap. (compare with taxis)


What they done: Go to buy they stuffs at the well-known place such as Chatuchak market.
What I think: They lived in around the center of Bangkok but traveled and spent much time for buy Longans at Chatuchak market. There are may supermarket around there, no need to travel so far like that and waste more money and time on that also.


What they done: Using 1-day trip for tour many provinces around Bangkok.
What I think: That's ok if you have very tight time. For Pattaya, the famous town for may travellers, should spend more 1 day, I think. :)


What they done: Stay at somewhere is quite far from sky trains and subways.
What I think: At there, I think it's good location ... for business not for travel ^^" I think that should find another location which has more convenient than this.



Anyway, I think their first aboard trip must be an important experience for the further their destinations. :)


Again, I just wanna share my opinion about their trip, not intend to aggravate them anymore.

See you next entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment