Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Saen-Saep long-tail boat in Bangkok

Hello, everybody! Such a long time I have never been updated anything here.

During these few months I take the long-tail boat or in Thai "Rua-Hang-Yao" which we call "Saen Saep boat" because it is along the Saen Saep canal. I take it 4-5 days a week. Then I notice that many foreigners take this kind of boat too much, like a very famous thing to do in Bangkok now. So I wanna share my opinion and experience about this.

First of all, below is the route of Saen Saep boat. I also added some interesting point and connecting with electric train (MRT and ARL)

Click on the picture to enlarge


I think it is very convenient and faster than take the public bus which you always in traffic jam. This route is along the New Petchburi road to Watergate (or Pratu Nam) and ended at Panfa Leelard which located at Rachdamnoen road.

If you stay in Ramkhamhaeng area and want to go somewhere which near the Saen Saep boat's pier, I strongly recommend to you take this boat. But there is few thing you must keep in mind.


  1. The boat will stop in each pier for very short time, so you must take the boat very quickly and steady, beware to fall into the canal. You may ask for help with the boat's staff (wear blue shirt and cross-body bag) in case you need help.
  2. The boat fare is vary upon how far you want to go. You can check the fare at the board on the pier before you take the boat but I'm not sure there is English version or not.
  3. The water in the canal is very bad smell. Don't mind it.
  4. The sound in the boat is also very noisy, don't mind it too.
  5. The trick to get on and off the boat safely is, you have to grab the rope first, then walk quickly on the gunwale and walk down into the boat. Sounds very easy, right?
  6. In the rainy season, I really not recommend you to take Saen Saep boat because you'll get soak even you are in the boat!
  7. From 6, if you need to take the boat in rainy season, put on the raincoat even you are in the boat.


If you have any question, please insert in comment box below I'll response you back as soon as I saw your any comment. Thank you for stop at my blog here ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment